We all know that Instagram Reels are the most popular way to showcase content and get more followers on Instagram. This is because Instagram prioritizes Reels based on what it believes a viewer will be most likely to interact with.
If you are a content creator and looking for a hack to make your reel stand out and more discoverable then you are at the right place.
According to Instagram, Creators, Influencers and Brands should make Reels that
- Are entertaining and fun (i.e. delights people, grabs their attention, makes them laugh, or has a fun surprise or twist)
- Are Inspiring (i.e. starts a trend that others can easily participate in)
- Use creative tools like text, filter, or camera effects
- Use vertical video
- Use music from the Instagram music library and/or original audio you create or find on Reels
- Are experimental! Try something new, be yourself, and see what works for you
Instagram also shared what kind of Reels one should not post:
- Reels that are blurry due to low-resolution
- Visibly recycled from other apps (i.e, contains logos or watermarks)
- Are uploaded with a border around them
- Have the majority of the image covered by text
These kinds of reels won’t be recommended as often to people who don’t yet follow you in places like the Reels tab, but will still be shown the way they always have been to your followers (for example, on your profile or in your feed) as long as they meet Community Guidelines.
How does Instagram Rank Reels?
Instagram first source reels it thinks you might like and then order them based on how interesting you think they are to you.
According to Instagram. The following signals roughly decide the ranking of the reel.
- Your activity. Instagram looks at things like which reels you’ve liked, commented on, and engaged with recently. These signals help Instagram to understand what content might be relevant to you.
- Your history of interacting with the person who posted. Like in Explore, it’s likely the video was made by someone you’ve never heard of, but if you have interacted with them that gives Instagram a sense of how interested you might be in what they shared.
- Information about the reel. These are signals about the content within the video such as the audio track, video understanding based on pixels and whole frames, as well as popularity.
- Information about the person who posted. Instagram consider popularity to help find compelling content from a wide array of people and give everyone a chance to find their audience.
It’s time for you to use these Instagram reel hacks to make your content game strong and make your reels go viral.
Follow @sameboat.club on Instagram for more such content.